Saturday, April 25, 2009

Addictophobia

I'm 31 years old, and have been drinking a bottle of wine daily for four years. I have been in constant fear of becoming an alcoholic. Now I realized that what bothered me the most wasn't the need to drink my first glass of wine in the evening, but that I thought I was going to be an alcoholic. I have a strong fear of becoming an addict, which is actually worse than it would be to become an addict. I call that addictophobia.

I like to drink, and if I think about my liver getting damaged through the years it's like thinking about four tyres that get worn while driving. If you want your tyres to stay intact, don't drive. If you like driving, then accept that your tyres get worn.

The only thing is that it's a lot easier to get four new tyres than getting a new liver.

And BTW, don't forget: don't drink and drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment